Transformation | Process Mapping
How does it all hang together?
Measure what you do before you change things around
What is Process Modelling?
How can it help me?
- Cycle-time/cost – How much time/money to it take to deliver one instance of the process
- Resourcing levels – how many people are required to deliver the process under different time/volume constraints
- Pain-points – if you were to automate aspects of the process where would you get the most bang for your buck
- Alignment – How well does this version of the process deliver the capability to reach your company mission
How is it done?
- Scope definition: Essentially a chat with you to understand what is the process being analysed. What does this include and what isn’t being included.
- Reviewing existing documentation: This can be any existing documentation around the process from policy documents to Local Working Procedures(LWPs) / Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to understand what should be happening in the process.
- Interviews/Workshop: Speaking to the front-line staff who implement the process. Whether this is best done by interviews or workshop depends on the numbers involved, availability and number of different teams involved.
- Preparation and presentation of the results: Feedback of the results with any relevant metrics.
What can I do with the results?
- Plan changes to your process to become better aligned with some strategic vision.
- Understand what would be required to pivot to deliver a new service.
- Understand how much some new software will improve productivity.